If you’ve been considering teeth whitening, you’re not alone! Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures, and for a good reason.
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that helps to lighten teeth and remove stains and discolouration. It’s typically performed by a dentist or a dental hygienist. Professional whitening is considered to be the most effective and safest way to whiten teeth, and it can last up to three years with proper maintenance.
What Are the Types of Professional Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic procedure that helps in removing stains and discolouration from the teeth and restoring their original whiteness. But did you know that there are different types of teeth whitening?
Here are some of the common types of professional teeth whitening.
The most common method of professional teeth whitening is a process called “bleaching”. During this treatment, a bleaching gel or solution is applied to the teeth. This gel contains hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, which is a safe and effective whitening agent. The gel is left on the teeth for a period of time and then rinsed off. The whitening effects can be seen instantly, though several treatments may be needed for more extreme discolouration.
For more stubborn stains, a process called “enamel microabrasion” may be used. During this procedure, a special tool is used to remove surface stains. This tool is gentle and does not harm the enamel of the teeth.
Another popular professional teeth whitening method is laser whitening. During this procedure, a laser is used to activate a whitening solution that is applied to the teeth. This solution helps to break down the molecules that cause discolouration, allowing the teeth to become brighter and whiter.
It is important to note that professional whitening is not permanent and will need to be repeated periodically in order to maintain the results.
Why Consider Professional Teeth Whitening
Here are the top seven reasons why you should consider teeth whitening:
1. It Boosts Your Confidence: Everyone wants to have a bright, white smile. Teeth whitening can dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth, giving you more confidence when speaking, smiling, and laughing.
2. It’s Fast and Convenient: Teeth whitening is one of the quickest and easiest ways to improve the look of your smile. Depending on the method you choose, it can take as little as one hour to have your teeth looking several shades whiter.
3. It’s Affordable: Teeth whitening is an affordable way to make a big impact on the look of your smile. There are many different types of teeth whitening treatments, so you can choose one that fits your budget.
4. It’s Safe: Teeth whitening is a safe procedure that has been used for decades. When done correctly, it won’t damage your teeth or gums.
5. It Lasts Long: Teeth whitening treatments can last anywhere from 6 months to a year, depending on the method you choose.
6. It’s Customizable: You can customize the level of whiteness you want to achieve. This means you can choose a shade that looks natural and complements your skin tone.
7. It’s Easy to Maintain: Teeth whitening treatments don’t require a lot of maintenance. Once you’ve had the procedure done, you can easily maintain your brighter smile by brushing, flossing, and avoiding foods and drinks that can stain your teeth.
Teeth whitening is a great way to gain a brighter, healthier, and more confident smile. Not only is it a safe, affordable, and long-lasting way to improve your oral health, but it can also boost your self-esteem and make you look and feel better overall. Whether you opt for an in-office or at-home whitening procedure, you'll be able to reveal a brighter and more beautiful smile in no time. So, why not give your teeth the "Hollywood" treatment they deserve and get your teeth whitening today? After all, a beautiful smile is always in style!
Are you looking for a way to whiten your teeth and improve your smile? Look no further than Chen Maple Smile Dentistry! Our experienced team specialize in a variety of cosmetic dental services, including teeth whitening. We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure that you get the best results possible. Whether you’re looking for a quick touch-up or a complete whitening treatment, we have a solution that’s right for you. Let us create a personalized treatment plan that meets your needs and goals. Schedule an appointment with us today!